Parco Orsiera-Rocciavrè

Parco Orsiera-Rocciavrè
Orsiera-Rocciavrè Park - Turin - Italy - - - - - - - - - - - >> click on the image above if you wish to visit my Instagram Page

July 2017 - The Chaberton [on air Crazy (Aerosmith)]


This mountain has always been significant for me, it's beautiful, majestic and probably is the one who make me falling in love with mountains and hike.

The very first time I have got to the Chaberton's top (3131 a.s.l.) I was 11. My first 3000, my first very mountain summit. The excursion was organized from the Summer camp , guys and girls from 11 to 18. A two day excursion to permit everyone to get up there.

I precisely remember every moment. We left the town of Claviere,  with our backpack on the shoulders, all in line. About 20/25 persons. We had to carry tents, food for dinner and for breakfast.
I remember my dad gave me his hiking's backpack (was one of the best on the market in that period ) so i could even carry the tent. I remember the bread big pack (5kgs looks big to an 11 years old) which was kind of shared/carry - 5 minutes on everyone shoulders in addition to their stuff.
I remember when we stopped in a massive prairie to mount our tents, I remember going in the wood looking for some firewood. I remember the big fireplace around which we played games and had dinner. I remember the stars...before that night, in my life,  I never had chance to see soo many stars!
Early in the morning, we left the camp focused on the very top.

I was left behind with a friend, definitely behind, but we got to the top. It was windy but the view was just incredible and astonishing. I remeber the chocolate and bread we had up there and the group photo shooted with an old film camera.
Yes, I believe it was that moment when I felt in love with mountains

Today, after 24 years, I will get back up there

It has been beautiful like the first time, a lot of memories during the path, the weather wasn't that pleasent tho.
It was raining on the top even if an half hour before was still sunny, and the sun come back out during the way back to the car. This took me about 4 hours to get up and another 3.30 to get back which includes about one hour in the rain.
I got to the car shattered but happy and satisfied.




Questa montagna ha sempre avuto un significato particolare per me,  è bellissima ed imponente e probabilmente è quella che mi ha fatto innamorare dei monti e delle lunghe passeggiate nella natura.
La prima volta che salii sullo Chaberton (3131 s.l.m.) avevo 11 anni. Il mio primo 3000, la mia prima vera vetta. La gita era stata organizzata dalla colonia estiva che frequentavo, bambini e ragazzi dagli 11 ai 18 anni. Organizzata su due giorni per rendere la salita agevole a tutti.
Ricordo precisamente ogni momento di quella gita. Partimmo da Claviere, con i nostri zaini sulle spalle, tutti in fila. Eravamo circa 20/25 ragazzi. Avevamo da trasportare tende e cibo per tutti, per la cena e la colazione. Ricordo che mio papà mi aveva prestato il suo zaino da trekking, era uno dei migliori per l'epoca, cosi potevo portare la tenda. Sono sempre stato un ragazzetto minuto, ma il peso sulle spalle non l'ho mai patito, ero troppo carico ed eccitato per sentire fatica.
Ricordo i sacchi del pane, sacchi da 5 kg che passavano di spalla in spalla ogni 5 minuti, ricordo quando abbiamo montato le tende sull'immenso pianoro a metà della salita. Siamo andati a cercar la legna per il falò, abbiamo mangiato panini, giocato intorno al falò e guardato le stelle. Non ne avevo mai viste cosi tante prima di allora. La mattina seguente, di buon mattino, lasciammo al campo solo un paio di persone e partimmo per la vetta.
Rimasi molto indietro, insieme ad una mia compagna di avventura... arrivammo per ultimi in cima, tirava vento, ma la vista era qualcosa di inimmaginabile per un ragazzino di 11 anni.
Ricordo il pane e cioccolato datoci dalla guida, ricordo la foto di gruppo fatta in vetta con una vecchia macchina fotografica a pellicola.
Si, credo di essermi innamorato in quel momento della montagna...




Ed oggi, dopo 24 anni ho deciso di ritornare lassù.

E' stato splendido come la prima volta. Il tempo questa volta non mi ha assistito, mancava meno di un'ora per la cima e c'era un sole caldo ed il cielo azzurro... ma più mi avvicinavo alla vetta e più le nuvole salivano...arrivato dopo poco meno di quattro ore di cammino è arrivata la pioggia. Non mi sono soffermato troppo sulla cima, faceva freddo nonostante fossi ben attrezzato. Sono rientrato di buon passo, fortunatamente a metà della via di discesa la pioggia lasciò nuovamente spazio al sole. Arrivai alla macchina distrutto, soddisfatto, asciutto.




No comments:

Post a Comment